Rules and Regulations
The City of Folly Beach has specific rules and regulations that must be followed to preserve this beautiful environment. Please take a moment to review them.
- No glass or open containers on the beach.
- Fireworks and open flame fires are prohibited in the City of Folly Beach.
- Surfing without a leash is prohibited. Surfing is also prohibited from 10am to 6pm from 2nd block east to 3rd block west, known as the swimming zone.
- Stay off the dunes! Use public walkovers for all beach access.
- DO NOT LITTER! Have beach pride and take all of your trash and personal belongings with you when you leave.
- Swim with caution. Strong rip currents are common.
- Garbage pickup is Monday and Thursday morning.
- Lights out for Sea Turtles on front beach from May 1 to September 30. Exterior lights must be off at night so endangered sea turtles can nest.
- Do not leave tents, chairs, holes, etc. on beach. They impede nesting sea turtles.
- No bicycles, skateboards, etc. allowed on sidewalks.
- Parties with 25+ guests must have a party permit from Public Safety.
Parking Rules and Regulations
- All four tires must be off the sidewalk or pavement.
- No parking on sidewalks, dunes, or revetments.
- No parking within 15 feet of a hydrant or intersection.
- You must park in the same direction as traffic.
- No blocking private driveways or roads.
Dog Rules and Regulations
- Dogs are prohibited from 10am to 6pm, May 1 to September 30.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Pick up dog waste and throw in trash can.
Golf Cart Rules and Regulations
- All carts must be registered within the City of Folly Beach and display proper registration decal.
- All drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid state driver’s license.
- Golf carts are prohibited from driving on Center St. and driving after sundown