At Folly’s Best Rentals we know plenty about Spring Break. We know you’re counting down the days until you can ditch the stress of school and work, enjoy the beach and waves, and sip on strawberry daiquiris with your best friends. We also know it’s important to bring all the necessary items when you’re packing for your spring break vacations. The following list should help you with that.
Large Beach Bag
Using an oversized beach bag as your carry-on for traveling to your spring break destination will also double as an efficient way to carry items to the beach with you.
~ Ticket(s) for airlines and any events you’re attending
~ Cell phone
~ Wallet (keep some cash on you in case you run into any issues with your cards)
~ Reusable water bottle (make sure it’s empty if you’re going through airport security!) and no glass on the beach!
Don’t bring your whole medicine cabinet with you! Stick to the necessities. If you want to travel light don’t bring these at all. You can pick up anything you need at a local drugstore.
~ Toothpaste & Toothbrush
~ Travel-sized shampoo, conditioner and soap
~ Advil or Tylenol
~ Hair Brush or Comb
~ Hair Dryer
~ First Aid Kit
~ Antibacterial gel
Keep in mind that anything you forget can easily be replaced by shopping at any of our local specialty shops or malls.
~ Multiple Swimsuits
~ Tanktops and/or Tees
~ Sweatshirt or Sweater
~ Shorts and Capris
~ Your favorite pair of jeans
~ 2 to 3 cover-ups (That sun gets hot!!)
~ 1 nice outfit for going out
~ Sandals and/or Flip-flops
~ Casual dress shoes
~ Sneakers and socks
~ Sleepwear and Robe
~ Basic, cheap jewelry
~ Large Beach Towel
~ Kites for flying
~ ID (if you’re staying within the U.S., use your driver’s license!)
~ Disposable camera (so you don’t have to worry about your phone or nice camera getting sandy or wet!)
~ Chargers (get a few cheap portable phone chargers)
~ A good book to read
~ Beach hat large enough to shield your from the sun
~ Koozies (May you always have a cool drink in your hand. No glass!)
~ Zip-lock bags or waterproof pouch for your wet swimsuit
~ Address Book of Important Names, Address & Phone #s
Nobody wants to arrive at their vacation destination only to realize they’ve forgotten something important. Check off every item on this list and you’ll be set to have the greatest spring break ever!
With Spring Break fast approaching it’s a great time to brush up on the rules and regulations that keep Folly Beach a safe and desirable destination for families and singles alike.
Once you’ve made the decision to spend Spring Break 2018 at Folly Beach, be sure to check out our vast assortment of affordable spring break rentals. Our rentals are beautifully decorated and fully furnished with all the comforts of home. From single bedroom units up to six bedrooms to accommodate up to 15 people, we’re sure to have the perfect place for you and your traveling spring breakers.
The following rules are put in place and enforced by the City of Folly Beach.
Folly Beach Rules
• No glass or open containers on the beach.
• Fireworks and open flame fires are prohibited in the City of Folly Beach.
• Surfing without a leash is prohibited. Surfing is also prohibited from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from 2nd block east to 3rd block west, known as the swimming zone.
• Stay off the dunes! Use public walkovers for all beach access.
• Do not litter! Have beach pride and take all of your trash and personal belongings with you when you leave.
• Swim with caution. Strong rip currents are common.
• Garbage pickup is Monday and Thursday morning.
• Lights out for Sea Turtles on front beach from May 1 to September 30. Exterior lights must be off at night so endangered sea turtles can nest.
• Do not leave tents, chairs, holes, etc. on beach. They impede nesting sea turtles.
• No bicycles, skateboards, etc. allowed on sidewalks.
• Parties with more than 25 guests must have a party permit from Folly Beach Public Safety.
Parking Rules and Regulations for Folly Beach
• All four tires must be off the sidewalk or pavement.
• No parking on sidewalks, dunes, or revetments.
• No parking within 15 feet of a hydrant or intersection.
• You must park in the same direction as traffic.
• No blocking private driveways or roads.
Dog Rules and Regulations for Folly Beach
• Dogs are prohibited from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., May 1 to September 30.
• Dogs must be leashed at all times.
• Pick up dog waste and dispose of in trash cans.
Folly Beach Golf Cart Rules
• All carts must be registered within the City of Folly Beach and display proper registration decal.
• All drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid state driver’s license.
• Golf carts are prohibited from driving on Center St. and driving after sundown.
Follow these sensible rules and we can all maintain beautiful Folly Beach not just during Spring Break but for the entire year and beyond. We hope you’ll consider spending Spring Break 2018 with us at Folly Beach!